The Flint Institute of Arts Fifth Annual Print Fair was November 22-24, 2013. There was a steady stream of visitors throughout Saturday and Sunday, both novice and experienced collectors. In particular there was interest in the works of Bernard Rosenquit and Anne Ryan.
The Flint Institute of Arts (Michigan) is located in the Cultural Center, near The Whiting, a performing arts theatre, the Longway Planetarium, the Flint Youth Theatre, the Flint Institute of Music, and the Buick Automotive Gallery.
The Cultural Center is anchored at the north-east of Kearsley Street by Applewood, a gentleman’s farm, built for Charles Stewart Mott in 1916. The orchards include 26 varieties of apples. Mott, from Newark, NJ, was born into a bicycle-wheel making family that merged with the Buick Motor Company; Mott was an original partner in the General Motors Corporation.
At the south-west end is the 1885 Whaley House, 624 East Kearsley Street, designed by Detroit architect George Watkins; it is the only Gilded Age house in the Cultural Center area.